So i love my slow cooker. Its been a godsend while the wife was in hospital. It allowed me to get on with housework and prepare healthy meals for the children. Its super easy to get chicken and other meats cooked perfectly!
I thought i would post one of the kids favourite recipes on here because when I searched for this recipe online i couldn’t find one so I winged it.
For this I used:
- 1 Jar Aldi Creamy Tomato sauce
- 1 Tin of chopped (400g)
- 3-5 Large closed cup mushrooms
- Tesco Mini breast fillets, 1 pack (500g)
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 Slow cooker liner
- Place the liner in the slow cooker
- empty in the jar of sauce and tin of tomatoes – Mix together
- Add the diced onion
- Chop the mushrooms as thin or thick as you desire, i like to cut them into slices, then in half again.
- Add to slow cooker and mix. (the wife usually gets annoyed when i mix stuff in the slow cooker because she’s always been taught to just chuck stuff in and leave it)
- Add whole pack of chicken into slow cooker and make sure it is 100% submerged in your mixture.
- Place on high for 3 hours.
- Once cooked, chicken can be served shredded or whole.
This very simple recipe took me about 15 minutes to prepare.
At the point where you are adding your ingredient you could consider adding potatoes or pasta. We usually serve this with veg and mash, or lost potatoes.
As a side bar, the whole meal has cost around £5-7 to make. It will feed 6-8 people (if you cook with veg and potatoes). Its good value, low effort. We usually order our shopping from Tesco and top up during the week from Aldi – where i discovered the liners and the sauce.
Also this is good for meal prep, you can freeze and reheat this as long as you don’t put pasta in it.